Your Options


If you have an auto accident, you are required by law to stop.

If the accident causes injury or death, you must call the police or the California Highway Patrol. If you hit a parked vehicle, you must try to find the owner of the vehicle, and if you are unable to find the owner, you must leave a note with your name, address, and an explanation of the accident.

If someone is injured, you are required to give reasonable assistance to anyone who is injured. You must also try to prevent further accidents or injuries by warning motorists of the accident. Get help by calling 911 and providing details of your location, the need for an ambulance or fire department personnel.

At an accident scene, you should obtain the other driver’s name, address, date of birth, telephone number, driver’s license number and expiration date, and insurance company.

You should also record the model and make of the other vehicle, the license plate number, and vehicle identification number of VIN. Obtain the name of the owner and address of the owner from the registration card, the insurance company address and policy number, and names and addresses of any passengers in the vehicles, and the names and addresses of any witnesses to the accident.

If you are a passenger have any concerns about your physical health while at the scene, emergency medical care is important. If following the accident, you have concerns about your physical health, getting a check-up is important. Waiting for any extended period of time to seek medical care will only result in a disservice to the evaluation of your claim.

Who pays for the damages to your vehicle and any injuries depends on who is responsible for the accident.

When there may be issues regarding fault, contacting an attorney is often beneficial in terms of investigation work being performed and liability or fault being determined.

There are legal obligations to reporting the accident to your insurance company if there are injuries sustained by any party and certain threshold property damage.

Call for a free consultation and we will fight for you!

Request Free Consultation